Whats next? - CS Revolution

[VCOM]Barry_

Group: Voobly Promoter
Edited 26 February 2014 - 7:16 am by [VCOM]Barry_
Hello CS Community,

We are trying to give CS a kick in the **** in terms of activity. The first big move was to bring back the clans ladder, and that will soon be adjusted based on the feedback we received. There are going to be even more changes in the future. I thought it would be smart to ask what the most important changes are to each player.

My dream:

I'd like a CS lobby where everybody could play games without fear. Without the fear of losing points to dropped games or Smurfs. In that ideal place your points total would mean that you were at a certain level and every game you played would be competitive and fun.

If you'd like that too, then help me by telling me what would make the lobby more fun for you!
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 7:58 am
I am deleting anything thats not an idea or a comment on an idea.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Ox_Weapon_xO

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 26 February 2014 - 8:12 am by Ox_Weapon_xO
I think we should have an AOK CS maps ladder (Soldier Store, Blacksmith Blood, Dragon Store, Radical Blood, Archers Blood Fest) with a mod that automatically adjusts saboteurs for AoC. I miss my savs :(. All those AOK people should be given the option of "getting" the game from somewhere and just come over here.

You want to make gameplay competitive you need to give great incentive for people to play other maps. Unrate CBA and CBA Hero often, each 1x a week, give free premium memberships for people becoming expert in new maps (not sure how you'd verify).
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 8:09 am
I think we should have an AOK CS maps ladder (Soldier Store, Blacksmith Blood, Dragon Store, Radical Blood, Archers Blood Fest) with a mod that automatically adjusts saboteurs for AoC. I miss my savs :(. All those AOK people should be given the option of "getting" the game from somewhere and just come over here.

OR we could not bring AoK into the AoC lobby and actually work on fixing AoK community?
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Ox_Weapon_xO

Posted 26 February 2014 - 8:14 am
OR we could not bring AoK into the AoC lobby and actually work on fixing AoK community?

The AoK community is pitiful. There's a reason I left it and came to AoC years ago. Not enough people play CS... Takes forever to get a game. Good luck getting a game in the map you want too. Here, with more people, if they came it'd create an influx and they'd have a higher chance to play.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Edited 26 February 2014 - 8:40 am by [VCOM]Barry_
The AoK community is pitiful. There's a reason I left it and came to AoC years ago. Not enough people play CS... Takes forever to get a game. Good luck getting a game in the map you want too. Here, with more people, if they came it'd create an influx and they'd have a higher chance to play.

Theres no way AoK bloods warrants its own ladder. However I'm sure we could work out a way of highlighting them with mod usage. Make a mod that makes the necessary changes that would allow them to be fair in aoc and we'll see what we can do.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 CrunchyNapkin

Posted 26 February 2014 - 8:52 am
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/125/AoK-Sabs ;whistling

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 9:20 am

See, you can be helpful.

Well I wonder if we could get mr.elusive to make this a tick box in the client.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 Carnage

Posted 26 February 2014 - 9:43 am
Get more clans who will play anyone anymap 8)
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 9:48 am
Carnage wrote:
Get more clans who will play anyone anymap 8)

Thats an outcome, tell me how instead of what you want :P
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 23RaidingParty

Group: Platinum Membership
Edited 26 February 2014 - 9:57 am by 23RaidingParty
Mix AoK and AoC CS in same lobby
just like RM and DM
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 9:59 am
Mix AoK and AoC CS in same lobby
just like RM and DM

Actually... if that was possible it wouldn't be the absolute worst idea in the world by a long shot. I'd happily play aok maps in aok lol.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:01 am
canem wrote:
This is a great idea if you want the fecal matter that is Aok to infect the Aoc lobby.

You think the aoc lobby is bad? You clearly havn't set foot in the aok lobby.

AoK is the wild west. I doubt they'd move to a more competitive lobby. You know theres plenty of aocers who can play those maps to a decent level, the guys who like competition would come, the rest would stay where they are lol.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [VCOM]Barry_

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:01 am
canem wrote:
Which means they would all stay.

With the kind of people left playing AOK, i'd rather they stay in their own lobby.

I'm pretty sure this is completely impossible anyway lol.
الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
 [GvR]Do0m

Edited 26 February 2014 - 11:32 am by [GvR]Do0m
Currently Voobly is good at Creating Divisions, Division in Lobbies, Division in Ratings, Division in Maps etc. New Players can't play with more Senior Players (they get Kicked). AOFE, AOK, AOC players cant play with each other , while there is hardly any difference in the game play of Each Expansion.

These Division are certainly good for Identification of players and their interests but for a Community as a Whole, it's a Disaster. I saw AOFE - RM maps are Rated in AOC - RM Lobby, but AOFE - CS maps are not rated in AOC - CS. Players get confused with such Divisions, probably it is Easy for Admins and Moderators to Manage, but Players get Irritated with such Hurdles in their TIME PASS Games. They try to find the Easiest way out to play a Game which they like the Most.

You can bring CS-CLANS or CS-COUNTRIES or whatever you like, you will Only Create more sub-divisions of an already Scattered Community.

The Ideal Solution would be to Merge all lobbies of Age of EMPIRES II, while keeping the ratings of All map types at the same place. If a person wants to Play RM, he can host a rated Version of it and all Players who can Play that kind of Maps would join him, and a Person who wants to play AOC or AOFE CBA, can Join the CBA room with ease in the same Lobby.

You can't change the Psychology of Human Mind, which is the HUNGER to get Everything. People come here to Win and Points is the Only Reward here, you can't take that away from them. Instead of hoping that people would someday would play for FUN only and not for Points only then keep DREAMING.

To make people more Competitive, you have to Organize Tournaments of Certain RANGED PLAYERS (e.g 1650-1700, 1701-1800, 1800-1950 and so on) on Regular basis, Weekly and Monthly basis, and add another rating which only shows The WINS/LOSSES in Tournaments Only and make it more Highlighted than any other game Ratings. Since these Tournament will be Played in Strict Rules and monitored by Game Moderators, a good Quality of Players would emerge and they will Play such Events more Competitively and while the Rest of the Games would become More FUN Games for them.

This may look a bit strange Idea to some, but if you are Really looking for a REVOLUTIONARY Change, then that is your Blue Print. Now the Next Phase to Work on is yours.

Good Luck! ;good

الرابط | الرد | أقتباس
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 51 posts
الأنتقال في المنتدي الي: